THE BRICK HOUSE LANDING
Thomas and Lucinda Edmonds purchase land around 1837/38 and built
house opposite Cottonwood Island on the Ohio River in Livingston Co.
The house was built of slave baked brick and was part of a large river
plantation. After nearly 180 years ,the Old Brick house with a slave
graveyard to one side, still stands facing the Ohio,recording history
much of which it will never reveal .Today the area is referred to as
Brick House Landing . This is how it looks today.